New Nitpicker Version Available!!!
(nitpicker-1.2.1 and nitpicker-current-linux-20030807)
Nitpicker is simple, Nitpicker is efficient, Nitpicker is Open Source.
The main goal of Nitpicker is to gather informations about Internet
Traffic (IP) and to store them comprehensible into *Flowfiles.
Here are some of the large benefits of nitpicker above other accounting software:
- It is designed for speed
- It is designed to run reliable under djb's daemontools
- It consumes minimal processor power
- It also runs with little memory
- It does not banaly summarise the traffic
- It stores all relevant internet traffic data for a comprehensible interaction (see documentation for more info)
Nitpicker is (currently) running under *BSD and Linux. It is designed for the berkley packet filter (BPF).
(Sun Solaris® packet filter is currently examined). Linux doesn't have a device like the bpf, so
you need to have libpcap ( Notice: We strongly recommend using *BSD )
*Refer to Documentation for more infos.